Operations & duties of the Tourist Complaint Center
"Did you experience any inconveniences while travelling in Korea?
The Korea Tourism Organization is here to help."
Please let us know about any inconveniences, suggestions or compliments you had during your stay in Korea.
We will do our best to create an optimal tourism environment for your enjoyment and satisfaction.
What can I report?
Report any illegal, wrongful, or unkind acts, among other things that a tourist in Korea witnessed or experienced in using any facilities or means for tour.
※ Legal basis for operation : Rules about operating the Tourist Complaint Center (The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism's Instruction no. 274)
- - Tourist-to-business disputes; any illegal or wrongful acts you witnessed or experienced at businesses in the tourism industry, facilities and transportation means used by tourists.
- - Unkind behaviors and other wrongful acts of employees in tourism-related businesses.
- - Unfortunate discrimination due to nationality, race, or other circumstances
- - Questions about tourism-related acts and subordinate statute, notification and established rules.
- - Comments, compliments or words of appreciation for the development of tourist administration.
- - The complainant's name is missing or details of complaint are unclear or false.
- - The complaint is to simply slander or defame a certain person.
- - Any issues that were confirmed by the rule of the court or are currently pending.
- - Any issues that are already handled by an investigation or audit agency.
- - Any issues against/about which an objection has been filed in court, a request has been made for examination, a request for trial has been made, or an application has been submitted in protest against a law.
- - Individual-to-individual disputes, business-to-business disputes, complaints about a company based in a foreign country, or complaints that are not related to tourism activities.
- 1330 TRAVEL HELPLINEmore info
1330 TRAVEL HELPLINE, is a one-stop helpline available as a public service for local and international travelers. For any inquiries or complaints relating to Korean tourism, either beforehand or during your stay in Korea, you can seek assistance here as well.
In Korea : 1330 / From overseas : +82-2-1330 ➊Korean ➋English ➌Japanese ➍Chinese ➎Russian ➏Vietnamese ➐Thai ➑Bahasa Malay/Bahasa Indonesia
- Tourist Policemore info
In an effort to provide assistance and improve convenience for international visitors to Korea, the Tourist Police can be found at major tourist attractions. Tourists in need of assistance can receive their friendly services, which include patrolling duties, reporting illegal activities while shopping, solving inconveniences, offering travel-related information and more. If you are faced with any of the aforementioned problems or issues, look for officers wearing navy blue jackets and black berets and ask for help.
Reporting a tourist complaint
- How to submit a tourist complaint
- Website, phone, email, post cards, fax
- Tel1330(in Korea), +82-2-1330(from overseas)